Olufemi Boyede (CITP/FIBP)MD/CEO
areas of expertise
- International Consultancy
- Training and Capacity Development
- Public Speaking
- Enterprise Development Strategies
- Private Sector Management
- Policy formulation and Advocacy
- Public Advocacy
- Organizational Improvement
- University of Ife, Ile Ife, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Hons. French.
- Universite de Dijon (University of Burgundy), Diplome Superieure d’Etudes Francaises, French Studies Grade A
- Forum for International Trade Training, FITT, Canada. Certified International Trade Professional, CITP.
- Administrative Staff College of Nigeria, ASCON. Certificate in General Management
- National Centre for Econoimic Management and Administration, NCEMA. Certificate in Project Management and Evaluation
Mr. Boyede has over 30 years of professional experience in export business development and trade promotion in Nigeria. He has broad expertise in trade and business environment reforms, regional integration including ECOWAS frameworks and initiatives, trade linkages including AGOA, public-private dialogue and advocacy on trade reforms and enterprise development issues. He has a strong background in private sector management positions and consulting roles in the business, trade and logistics communities, and more recently has held numerous senior trade and export development positions in the Government of Nigeria, including: Member, Presidential Steering/Technical Committee on AGOA; Technical Advisor to the Minister of Trade and Investment; Country Facilitator for Nigeria-ECOWAS on Trade and Enterprises; Special Technical Assistant to the Minister of Commerce and Industry; and Representative of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry on the Presidential Review Committee on Waivers, Concessions and Incentives.
He also has ample hands-on experience in implementing and managing export business development programs and developing business service markets, including serving as Director-General, Ekiti State Enterprises Development Agency, and has organized international trade events in the U.K., Spain and France, and served as a negotiator with international corporations on behalf of the Nigerian and Ekiti State governments.
Mr. Boyede has served as a consultant to numerous international groups including the World Bank, DFID, the Commonwealth Business Council, International Trade Center, ILEAP, ECOWAS, NEPAD Business Group and the Commonwealth Secretariat.
He is the originator and Convener of the annual Nigerian Non-Oil Export Conference, Exhibition and Awards, NNECEA, the most prominent platform for public-private sector dialogue on non-oil export development issues.
In recognition of his vast knowledge and experience on international trade issues, Mr. Boyede was granted the Certified International Trade Professional (CITP) designation by FITT in August, 2014. The CITP is the highest mark of professionalism in international trade and the only professional designation of its kind in Canada. It is also the highest level of professional accreditation available to International business professionals in North America.