Nigerian Non-Oil Export Conference, Exhibition, and Awards (NNECEA Ltd./Gte)Conference & Award
Established to facilitate useful dialogue between Nigeria's public and private sectors on non-oil exports and ran as an annual international event until 2013 when I relocated to Canada. It remains the only platform available for discussing non-oil export development issues. A significant part of Nigeria’s current trade support programmes issued from NNECEA.
What We did
- Drove the pilot project to establish the Nigerian Network of Women Exporters of Services (NNWES) as Senior Consultant to the International Trade Centre (ITC).
- Reviewed the Nigerian Services Export Strategy as Senior Consultant to the Commonwealth Secretariat in 2015.
- Co-headed the Africa Regional Experts Meeting on Trade in Services with the Commonwealth Secretariat and the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA), Nairobi, Africa, 2014.
- Served as Contributory Advisor in developing and implementing service-level national export strategies for Nigeria.
- Reviewed the Nigerian Trade Policy as National Consultant for the Commonwealth Business Council and Department of International Development (DFID).
- Completed a diagnostic study of the Nigerian non-oil export sector as National Consultant to the ITC.
- Conducted market research for the ITC and Joint Integrated Technical Assistance Programme (JITAP). Prepared market guides on the Mission on Meat and Derivatives for the Burkinabe delegation to Nigeria, and on the Mission on Cassava for the Beninese delegation to Nigeria.
- Surveyed the Nigerian services sector as Contributory Advisor and Counterpart Officer, and authored one project chapter